Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 33 Update

Today I went to see the endocrinologist and back to Dr. Wagman (my OB/GYN). I had to take a half day off to go to both. I thought since there were three hours between appointments I could do some exchanging at Babies R US. NOT! We got there at 1:25 and did not leave until after 4:00. Of course this made me late to my second appointment and left my husband in a really BAD mood. The most frustrating part was that I saw two doctors and a nurse while there and if I totaled the time for all three- it would be around 25 minutes. So the majority of the time was spent waiting in the waiting room, then an actual room, and then another room! Geesh!

When I finally talked to the doctor she gave me the dreaded news I was so trying to avoid- I need insulin shots. They are starting me out with 1 at bedtime, but may have to increase to two if my after breakfast levels don't come down. I have to go back tomorrow to meet with a Diabetic Educator for my prescriptions and lessons on how to inject myself, diet plans, etc. The crazy part is the doctor gave me a five minute presentation on the injections and some samples to start tonight. My insurance may not cover the "Diabetic Educator" but I have no choice- I have to go. I was pretty bummed. Of course David is agitated and asking all kinds of questions and all I wanted to do was cry.

On to the next doctor! I have to say I was in and out- sonogram and blood work included in 25 minutes! The nurse said it was a record. I had missed a message earlier in the day that the doctor was doing an emergency c-section and had to cancel my appointment. They did not even tell me when I got there. Just got me in and out and the doctor was on her way! She did say everything looked good. Carly still has plenty of fluid and as usual moving like crazy! In the last week she has turned head down. The doctor said she may stay this way- or sometimes they "practice" getting into position. David said "Great- my daughter will be just like you. Practicing so she can do everything right." Let's hope so! She also said I am measuring ahead so I am going to the Perinatal doctor next Friday to get a better idea of how big she is. From there- we can start devising a plan if she has to come early or if I will need a C-Section because of her size, etc.

I can't believe we are almost there. I have so many emotions right now. I want her here and want to hold her and kiss her, but we have a lot to prepare still. Let's just say a lot needs to happen in the next few weeks and I am kind of in panic mode. Not to mention I am packing up my classroom to move to another one. I am just going to take it one day at a time and say my prayers that everything works out like it should. I trust in the Lord and know he will do what is best :)

No comments: