Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 31 Update

I went back to the doctor Friday and had quite a "scary" time. Last weekend I started coming down with what I thought was a cold. My doctor told me I could take Sudafed and so I started it on Sunday. By Monday, my blood sugars after fasting were almost at the 200 mark so I went to see our sweet school nurse to see if the Sudafed could cause it. She told me that it was more likely because I had an infection my body was fighting. At this point, I did not feel that bad, just really stuffy. She listened to my breathing while I was there and told me I had less air flow on the right side and recommended I call my Doctor. The doctor called me in a Z-Pack and also some iron pills because my blood work from the previous Friday showed my iron was low. Fast forward to Friday- day 4 on the Z-pack and I feel worse. I am now using my inhaler twice a day because my chest is really congested. My sinuses bothered me more than anything. When I got to her office, my doctor immediately did not like the way I sounded. She told me I was either going to have to go have a chest X-ray or she was going to admit me to be monitored. She was worried I may have Pneumonia. I thought this was just a follow up from the week before when I was having contractions and since I have not had any more (Thank GOD) I went by myself thinking it was just going to be a short visit. I secretly started to panic. We ended up going for the X-ray. She wants me back in her office Tuesday for a follow-up. I am thinking since I did not hear from her over the weekend- my X-ray was okay. I actually started feeling a little better today, but am going to take off tomorrow for one more day of rest just to be safe! I also have to take Potassium because that was low on my last blood screening as well. I went to the lab for more blood work to check it all again. Needless to say, this third trimester has been quite an adventure. Our goal is now six more weeks. I am so ready for my baby girl to be here, but we have so much still to do!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Wow that was scary!! You can make it 6 more weeks!! Just rest and take care of yourself!!!