Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bow Holder

So now that I have almost mastered making bows, we have a ton of bows for Miss Carly! Right now they are all in a bag in her closet. I have been thinking about how I want to store them. I thought about putting them in a drawer in her dresser or the bathroom, but I don't want to have to dig to find the one I want. So I thought about buying a bow holder but I could not find one that matched her bedding that I really liked. I decided to make my own. I started looking online for ideas for a wooden one with the two ribbons hanging down to hang the bows. I came across a different bow holder and decided to try this one. I also made one for another baby shower I am going to.

First I gathered the supplies I needed.
  • Blank canvas (I did 16x20)
  • Paint to match her room colors
  • Ribbon of different sizes and designs to match


Next I painted the canvas

I added some clear glitter to add to it.

Next you cut the ribbons to the length needed. I also heat sealed the edges to make sure it did not fray. Then, you lay out the ribbon in the order you want it on the board. From there you staple it to the wood piece on the back of the canvas. I drew marks on the wood every half inch so I could make sure it was even. David stapled it for me because I had trouble getting the staples all the way in. They suggest using some type of craft glue but the staples were quick and easy! Here is my final products! I will add more pictures when I add the bows :)


The yellow one is for my friend at school and the pink one is Miss Carly's!

Here is the website where I got my instructions (I LOVE this site)


2 comments:

Marla said...

This is too cute! I think i am going to have to make one for my girls!

Kristy said...

It was super easy and holds so much! They also said it could hold headbands.