Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm Crafty!

My sweet husband and father have been helping me in the last few weeks with several "projects" for Carly's room. Sometimes they think I am crazy when I try to explain to them what I want them to do. My Dad thought I was nuts when I drew him a diagram of something I wanted built (which included dimensions). But they have been so sweet about it and they really try to make me happy. On Mother's Day I completed my bow holder project and really wanted to complete the cornice board for Carly's window. My Dad finished building it and I started to cover it. They decided they would just do it for me since I am not too great with the staple gun! Once we were finished they LOVED it and were just as proud as I am of it. They finally understood my "vision." David told me later that night that he loved that I am so "crafty" and that Carly's room will be so unique!

Here are some pictures along the way....

Here is the cornice board built to my instructions :)
Here we are covering the cornice board with cotton batting.

I must have missed the step where we covered it in fabric. Then I added a solid black ribbon around the edges and trimmed it with white sparkly boa. I cannot wait for David to finish the paint so we can hang it up! My Aunt is making her curtains in the striped fabric from her bedding and I know it will all be precious once put together!

No comments: