Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 24 Update

I went to see a dermatologist about my rash today and she said it was not PUPPS. She prescribed a medicine to use for the next four weeks and then I go back to see if there is an improvement. In the past week, my rash is completely gone from my stomach, but has moved to my hands and arms. I also went back to my OB today and she is concerned that it could be Cholestasis of the liver. They were going to do the tests today but I need to fast for 12 hours before. So I go back next Friday to have several tests ran. It should take about a week and a half to two weeks to find out for sure. I asked her what would happen if that was the case. She said we would have to closely monitor the pregnancy and that the baby would be taken early. She did not want to go in to too much detail until we know for sure. I researched a little online tonight and found that it is common in woman whose mothers and sisters have had similiar problems. Made me a little nervous since Mom experienced liver problems after Kevin was born. So we could use all the prayers we can get that this is not the case! Other than that Carly is great. We did a sono today since her movements have decreased- but it is because she has moved in to a position that her placenta is above her where she is kicking so that is why I feel it less. And I also found out that the scale was off last week. I DID NOT gain 6 pounds- only 2 :)

No comments: