Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So much to do... so little time!

There are so many projects that need to be completed before Carly gets here! I know she won't be here until July, but these next couple of months are the busiest for me at school. Between getting ready for TAKS, science camps, extended learning time- all of my time is taken- even my weekends! And I decided as of right now to go ahead and teach summer school which will mean me working right up until the point of her arrival! I know every time we realize something needs to be done I say to David- we'll do it on Spring Break. So this weekend he and my mom told me to make a list since I can't remember anything anymore. So I made the list and I have to admit- I was overwhelmed.

Here are a few things on my list....
  • clean out the office to make room for all of the "Stuff" in the spare bedroom (soon to be Carly's room)
  • clean out the spare bedroom to make room for Carly
  • clean out a cabinet in the kitchen for all of Carly's stuff
  • clean out the spare bathroom to make room for her bath stuff
  • finish a debt management class I started over two years ago- I will earn some money once I finish!
  • pre-register with the hospital
  • pick paint for Carly's room
  • register
  • go get Carly's furniture
  • make Carly's bling shoes
  • make some hair bows
  • start her scrapbook
I know there is more to the list, but most of the other stuff is work for David and my Dad to do on the house.

Here is what I have gotten accomplished
  • bought materials for making bows
  • bought some stuff for her scrapbook
  • picked up some samples of paint from Home Depot
  • cleaned out the kitchen cabinet (okay David did this while I was cooking last night)
  • we are about half way through cleaning out the two rooms but I am so tired
  • pre-registered with the hospital last night online
  • going to register today
  • made Carly's bling shoes
I am hoping to get those rooms finished tomorrow so we can go get her furniture and start setting it all up. My showers are in May so I want this done before then!

I am a little nervous about registering today because I have no idea where to start or what to get. I did get some great advice from friends and online, but it is a little overwhelming.

And I am going back to the doctor at two so I will update later!

No comments: