Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 26 Update- Test results are in

I got a call yesterday around 4:15 pm to call my doctor about an urgent matter. I was in a staff development and by the time I heard the message her office was closed. Fast forward to this morning and my principal came to relieve me during the TAKS test so I could call and find out what was going on. Wouldn't you know I could not get through! AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So I waited about an hour then tried again and finally go to talk to the nurse. She told me that according to my glucose test I took on Friday I have Gestational Diabetes. She also told me that my liver tests were in and that they wanted to see me TODAY!

Hmmmm........ this would all happen on TAKS day!

Thankfully all of my students finished around 2:30 and I was able to leave around three to head to the doctor. She told me that normal results are around 130 and mine was over 200. There was not a need for the extended test because my levels were too high and they did not want to raise them higher than needed again. For the next two weeks we are going to monitor my levels (yes I get to test 5 times a day) and try to control it with diet. If that does not work, I will have to take medication. The good news was both of my liver tests came back great so we don't have to worry about that!

Although I am so THANKFUL for the normal liver functions, I am still a little upset tonight. I know it is not the end of the world and it can be monitored and controlled, but in a way I feel like my body is failing Carly. She may grow too big or have issues after birth if this gets out of control. I know a lot of it is my hormones, but I am a little emotional right now. I know everything will work out and we will put it behind us once our beautiful baby girl is here.

No comments: