Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I just might have a problem

So most people don't know that I really enjoy cooking. It really is one of my favorite things to do. But since we have moved into our temporary housing (i.e. trailer) there is NONE of that going on. There is just not enough room and we are out of propane, so most nights we eat out or eat at moms. This is mom's busiest time of the year so not alot of cooking going on there either and I am going NUTS!! So we went to Walmart this afternoon and bought tons of groceries and I promised to cook at her house this week if she footed the bill. We bought all these groceries and I am super-psyched to cook this week. So while I should be working on my second essay for Comps I am instead creating a menu. WHAT? Yeah I know- I am so anal! I just had to do it and post it up. I catch myself doing things like this all the time now. For example on Friday I had to make myself a weekly calendar of things that need to be done daily at school. I seriously wonder what my new obsession is?? I think I might be OCD?

Meanwhile....

Last Monday my Granny had knee replacement surgery. She kind of got booted out of the hospital on Thursday because she was not being a good patient. So mom has been over there since Friday night taking care of her. I went over early yesterday afternoon to help out and then spent the night. It brought back so many memories of being there and caring for Papaw. Papaw never complained and did whatever we asked him to do. Granny on the other hand is another story. I LOVE the fact that she is so feisty- it cracks me up. I had such a great time watching three Lifetime movies with her and mom. Especially when mom would ask dumb questions because she could not follow the movie and Granny and I would laugh at her. I am so grateful that I get to spend time with her and make memories that are priceless.

No comments: