Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Carly's Birth Story Part 1

38 weeks pregnant- headed to the hospital

On Wednesday June 30th, I went to see the Perinatal doctor for the very last time. While I was there he decided that it was Baby time! He wanted me to deliver by the end of the week. He does not like his diabetic patients to go over 38 weeks and I was 38 weeks that very day. So my Mom and I headed downstairs to see Dr. Wagman. Our original plan was to do the C-section a week later at 39 weeks. This was my last day of summer school and I was really looking forward to a few days off to rest and prepare for Carly. So it took me by surprise when Dr. Wagman agreed- Friday, July 2nd was going to be Carly's birthday.
I got in the car and immediately called David. He was so excited and could not wait to hang up and call his boss and ask to take a half day off. The original plan was to have the c-section at 2:30. David wanted to work half a day and meet me at the hospital. But, fifteen minutes later, the nurse called my cell phone and said they changed the time to 11:30! I had to call David back, who had to call his boss back, etc. But we finally had a plan.

Thursday was a blur. My Mom ran me all over town finishing up last minute errands and buying last minute supplies. I did enjoy a pedicure and manicure as well as seeing the movie Eclipse before heading home. Once home- my nerves must have kicked in. I began cleaning like a mad woman. I'm talking bleaching floors, vacuuming couches, etc. Then I made some bows to take to the hospital as well as a onesie I had been meaning to "bling." Finally at about 1:00 am I decided to pack our bags. I had my checklist and checked it several times to make sure I had everything. Now all I could do was sleep. I think at this point reality was setting in. This was the last night David, Jackson and I would climb into bed together and simply fall asleep. It made me a little sad because for the last six years- this has been my life- my family- and everything was about to change.

The next morning we were supposed to be at the hospital at 9:30. Let's just say we were not in a hurry. I was dragging my feet for sure. We took one last photo of the three of us.
We drove to my parents house to drop off Jackson and then headed to the hospital. Once we got there- David began taking pictures like crazy! Finally, I had to threaten him- put the camera up or else! We checked into the hospital and were put into observation 2. My Granny went to wait in the waiting room for other guests to arrive, my Mom went to eat breakfast and get coffee, and David and I went to get ready to have a baby!


No comments: