Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A sweet little surprise...

David and I had a sweet little surprise last week. We found out that I was pregnant. We were kind of in shock for the first few days, but it is finally settling in. Today I went to my new doctor and our news was confirmed. I am six weeks along and estimated due date is July 14th. David and my Mom both had a busy delivery schedule today so I assured them I could go by myself and it would be fine. I feel bad now because they did a sono and I got to see the baby and the heartbeat. It was amazing! Poor David was really disappointed that he missed it. She also found a cyst on one of my ovaries, but she said sometimes that happens in the early stages of pregnancy because the ovary has supported the pregnancy or something scientific like that. She did not seem worried and said we would watch it. I go back next Wednesday for what they warned me would be a LONG appointment. She also sent me with a bag full of vitamins and told me to try them out and decide which one I prefer. My OCD husband had to read all of the information and is really concerned about how to choose. His other current concerns are me driving home at night because of how dark and dangerous the roads by our house are (really??), me needing non-slip socks because our tile is slippery, I should not paint my nails, stand on the couch to turn off the fan and the list goes on. It is really sweet but I hope this phase passes because I could see him being a total control freak!

Please keep up with our blog so you can be informed of updates. It seems to be the easiest way to let everyone know what is going on!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congrats!! That is SO exciting!!!