Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Part 2

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being.  I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.  ~Graycie Harmon

Yesterday I spent the whole day with my Momma and my Dad. We literally ran errands the whole day! We started at Walmart buying the necessary "junk" you have to get there. From there we went to Sam's because Mom wanted some capris and bermudas she had seen there.  We both stocked up on lots of summer goodies! Then we went to Kohls to pick up a gift for Granny and then headed to her house for a visit. While there I helped her install a new printer and pick out a new mouse (she still has one with a ball in it). 

When we left we headed to Rockwall to spend Dad's gift cards from his birthday. We went to Dick's and Bass Pro.  Had a good time helping Dad spend his money! Ha! Then we went and ate at the Cotton Patch. I enjoyed spending the day with the parents.  

As I shopped that day at each stores I saw lots of Mommas and their kids or lots of Daddy's babysitting so mom got the day off and it really made me realize how I want a family. I know the Lord has a plan for me, but I hope his plan includes me being a Mother one day soon. My patience is wearing thin.

 M-O-T-H-E-R 
"M" is for the million things she gave me, 
"O" means only that she's growing old, 
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me, 
"H" is for her heart of purest gold; 
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining, 
"R" means right, and right she'll always be, 
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER," 
A word that means the world to me. --Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

1 comment:

Special said...

very good definition for MOTHER word