Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We spent the day today with my Papaw. He was out of it most of the day so I hung out in the pool while David helped my Uncle Ed, Dad, Kevin and Doug with the yard work. Before we left Papaw was awake and talking. He has been running a fever and not been as coherent. I was so thankful to have spent the day with him.

There is not a day that goes by that I am not so glad to have my dad. I tell him all the time he is like a Cadillac and my husband is a pinto! LOL! My dad has supported and spoiled me my whole life. When I was little he brought a toy home for me every day. I would wait at the door and say "what'd you bring me today daddy?" He was at every drill team performance and a whole lot of practices. When I cheered he was at every game. Of course he was there for every heartache and always took it as hard as I did. I always say I get my determination from my mom and my soft heart from my dad. Dad and I usually shop together at least once or twice a month. I know- my dad shops!! He calls me his personal shopper. Even if he is going to the dollar store up the street - he calls me to tag along. My dad is the type of man I want my sons (if I ever have any) to become. I know he will be a great G-Daddy because he spoils Jackson rotten already!

Happy Father's Day Dad!! You are one in a million even if you prefer store bought red velvet cake to mine!!

No comments: