Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

I am not gonna cry....


Every year on the last day of school, despite my best efforts, I shed a few tears. I know your probably thinking I am nuts- I am off for the summer- shouldn't I be celebrating. I think that most of the time we teachers get caught up in the hustle of the endless to do lists to close the school year that time gets away. And then all of the sudden the bell rings that last day and the students are gone, some of which you may never see again. This year has been TOUGH. I remember thinking to myself, "this year I wont shed a tear- I will celebrate". I ended up having to leave early that last day to go sign a lease on our house. I was in such a rush and pushed the kids out the door telling them bye, giving them hugs and wishing them a good summer. I got in my car and it hit me- I cried harder than I ever had before. Maybe it was my emotions because all of the changes in my life?? I have thought about it for the last couple of days and I came to the conclusion that it was because more than any other year- these kids needed me- as a teacher, friend and role model. And when I came back to school Monday to turn in my keys, gradebook,etc. I could not resist capturing some of their messages to share.







No comments: