Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Twilight




So when the movie came out my Mom kept begging me to go see it with her. I could not get into a movie about teenage vampires. I just couldn't. Then everyone kept telling me to read the books because they were so good. I kept thinking to myself "why would I want to read these books written for young adults about young adult vampires?" Several kids in my class were reading the first, Twilight, and they are still reading it so that must be a clue it was a little hard for them right? Then my cousin Jaime read them and she told me how good they were. She and I are alike in so many ways so I figured I could at least try.

David and I were shopping at Sams and he wants this stupid book that some guy on Howard Stern wrote. So we went to the book section and looked for it. There I saw Twilight for $7. I thought- ok I will buy it and if I dont like it I will just add it to my class library. I was really busy that week and only got to page 20ish. Then on Friday night I came home and read about half the book- I could not put it down. It is so much more than a story of vampires. It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet (which it talks about in the book)a forbidden love story. I was super busy Saturday and Sunday and too tired to read, but when I laid down Sunday night I thought I will read another chapter. NO- I read the rest of the book and went to sleep around four. At that point I was hooked- so Monday after school- exhausted from staying up all night- David and I set out to find the second book. I finally found it at Target. It was a little slow in the beginning and is more about another male character that I have a hard time liking (he's a werewolf) so It has taken me about two weeks to finish it. But I did finish it last night. Earlier in the week I was at Walmart and decided to buy the 3rd one so I would have it when I was ready for it, but all they had was the Spanish version?!? SO I ordered it online. According to the shipping tracker it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but we DID NOT get mail. I guess I will just wait patiently.




AND I did go with MOm and David to see the movie. It was good. David even said he wants to see the second one! Here is the link to the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvOhfL4mYw

No comments: