Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holidays...

This holiday season was a little rough. Our family has lost many loved ones this year and last week we lost Grandmother (my dad's grandmother) at the age of 94. While at her funeral I couldn't help but be thankful for having her in my life all of these years. She did not suffer from cancer or any other illness other than those that occur as someone simply dies of old age. She had dementia, had good days and bad, but lived a complete life knowing that God was her savior. I can only hope to live a life as full and complete as hers.

Every holiday that I can spend with my family is a gift in itself. We began last weekend and spent Christmas with David's mom, dad, and siblings. It is crazy how things have changed in the last couple of years.







Later that evening we went to my Grandpa Jerry's and Grandma Ronnies. We had a great time and watching the kids open their presents and later had an adult game that was quite interesting thanks to Dana for "shaking it up." Cant wait until next year.

All Monday and Tuesday I spent the day and night shopping with my mom who is the last minute shopper every year. She works too much and next year I am forcing her to take off so we do not have to fight the crowds. After buying a few things here and there and getting really sick of the madness- Dana and I decided we would settle on new purses for Christmas and be done. Mom was worried we would be dissappointed, but I love my new COACH and am very HAPPY (: My husband also made me very happy! I asked him not to buy me things cause I would rather get my windows tinted and my door fixed from the whole locking my keys in the car denting the door fiasco. He got me a new pair of Nike's which I love and a comfy pair of leopard houseshoes. He also got me a wallet to match my purse but I refuse to carry a wallet that costs almost as much as the purse so we are taking that back and getting my windows tinted.

Chrismas Eve was spent with David's Dad's family first and then my Mom's side of the family later. At David's Aunts house every year we have to all share something we are thankful for. I said I was thankful for being finished with school and David said he was thankful for me! That really made me feel special! Christmas Day we went to David's mom's side and then to my Dad's side. By that afternoon we were wiped out! After a long nap Granny came over and we took our First Annual PJ picture. My cord to my camera is at school- so I will have to post the rest of the pictures from this Christmas later.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas as much as we did. I am very thankful to have the friends and family that I am so blessed with!

No comments: