Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Graduation

Yesterday was my Graduation and after the week I had I was just ready to get it over with. With school and getting ready for my party after graduation I was tired and frustrated and really wanted to just chill out at home.

My frustration only rose as I arrived to graduation. It was the most unorganized events I have ever attended. I am a "C" in the alphabet and somehow the "P" people were sitting behind me?? Then we are supposed to arrive at 2:15. At 2:50 we were lined up ready to start the procession when about 50-100 of the 487 graduates (all foreigners) walked in at 3:00 without their cap and gown on. I was like "you have got to be kidding me?!?" SO Graduation was delayed. Then after the procession ended- the President of the University began his speech. About 3-4 minutes in- in walks about 50-100 more graduates that they forgot to put in line. At this point I was ready to just walk out. But about half way through the speeches it dawned on me what a major event this was in my life. I have worked so hard and actually kept a 4.0 throughout the last three years. I have not really let myself be excited or proud- because to me it was just part of my plan. But I now realize what a huge accomplishment it is.

During the R's my parents and David got up and went to the car. My brother was gone after they called my name. So when we walked out I was surprised to see my husband still there by the door waiting on me. I assumed he went to the car with everyone else. But there he was. He gave me a huge hug and told me how proud he was. I don't think he really understands how much that simple gesture meant to me.

When we got home we walked in and there was this beautiful spread of food and my guests had already started to arrive. We had a blast and I am so thankful to all of you who came. It really meant a lot to me to have so many people come celebrate! Finally at around 3:00 this morning- David said we are going home! I am so tired today but had such a great time last night.

No comments: