Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 35 Update

Well we went back to the doctor this week and had more time to talk with her and get some answers. She basically said that the baby is not huge! She is in the 74th percentile, but her head is her largest measurement and she will more than likely have fatty shoulders because of my gestational diabetes. She also said that she would not induce me because of her size and my gestational diabetes so if I chose to not have a c-section they would let me go and I could go all the way to 42 weeks making her close to 11 pounds by then. My Mom asked if it were her what she would do-and she immediately said C-section. Basically she said I could labor for hours and she may never even drop because of her head size and then I would have to have one anyway. She still says it is my choice, but I am going with the c-section. It is going to be around July 7th unless Carly wants to come sooner which would not surprise me at this point. Tomorrow we have another appointment with the perinatal doctor. They are only supposed to "weigh" her every other week but its been a week and a half so I am not sure if they will or not.

On a good note- I lost 4 pounds over the past week. Shocking for this stage of pregnancy, but it is due to my body finally balancing the sugars and being used to the insulin which is a sign it is working! I have had some strange episodes of dizziness over the weekend. My sugars have gone from close to 200 down to the sixties in the matter of an hour. It made me lose my lunch to say the least, but I think it is finally balancing out. I am not sure what that was all about, but I am glad it is over!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

C-sections are fine!! I know it is a scary thought but it wasn't too bad! She will be here soon!!!