Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having FUN!

Yesterday was a very special day and not just because it was Easter. It all started ten years ago. My friend Kelli asked me to go on a date with her. She insisted I would like the guy that was coming for me. I agreed and waited for my "date" to arrive. Little to my surprise- in walks David Carter. See David and I had a love-hate relationship since middle school- he loved to pick on me and I hated it! I really had not talked to him since I took him to my cheerleader banquet my freshman year and he left with someone else.

Needless to say I was annoyed and almost did not go. But because I LOVE my friend so much I did. After a night of shameless flirting on his part I figured he was not that bad and decided I would give him a chance. Let's just say that it was complicated. He wanted to talk to me and several other girls and I had just gotten out of a long relationship so we decided to date other people as well. So from November to April that is what we did. Looking back I am surprised we stayed together. It was a rough road and lots of drama! I was a little shocked on April 12, 2009 when he came over unexpected. When I walked him out he said something like "what if we only date each other?" I asked him if he meant he wanted to be my boyfriend? He said "yeah I guess thats what I am saying." We have been together ever since and I cannot believe it has been 10 years! Life is not easy and we are still growing as individuals and as a couple but whatever happens I can honestly say that I do not have any regrets. I guess I owe it all to my dear friend Kelli.

No comments: